Muck Rack conducts annual research on the state of journalism to learn how journalists use social media, their preferences for working with PR professionals and receiving pitches, their optimism about the future of the industry, and more.
Here's a sneak peek of key findings from the 2020 survey:
- Twitter remains the leading social network among journalists, with LinkedIn on the rise
- 45% of journalists believe that the way most companies share information with the media is still outdated
- 48% of journalists receive one to five pitches a day, while 43% receive five or more.
- 93% of journalists prefer to be pitched via email, with under 25% preferring any other channel.
- 58% of journalists remain optimistic about the profession going into 2020 (57% in 2019)
To learn more about the findings and key takeaways of our study, request a copy of the full report!